Join our zoo community

Dead in a safe place

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Writhedhornbill, 10 Jun 2007.

1. Writhedhornbill

Writhedhornbill Well-Known Member

A mountain Gorilla has been shot in a congo reserve, raising issues about the security of the reserves. Why would someone just want to shoot a gorilla?

2. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

THINK ABOUT IT MR HORNY BIRD

a man needs to feed his family, so he has been doing whatr his people has been doing for many generations, except now the killings are for money, he sells gorrilla hands, feet, bones etc to a middle man, he then deals it to some rich f uck wit in florida, so he can have a gorrilla hand as an ash tray in his surgery!

i dont support it, but that is why it happens. i dont support the loser in florida, nor the middle man, but africa is a poor place, and this is how they feed the family, this is the area of work that needs to be imporvoed. wehat happns now is previous hunters, who are excellent trackers, now turned researchers, help the gorrilla, all they want is money to feed the family.

3. Writhedhornbill

But the body of the gorilla was just lay there. Nothing had been done to it. No feer cut off or bones ripped out.....

4. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

u didnt say that,

and yes, that is sad. the poacher may have been scared off by rangers, theres a million explainantions, but yes, it is sad to see a dead gorrilla, i say you should watch gorrillas in the mist, the story of dianne fossey, you will cry for ever

5. Writhedhornbill

I think that the poacher may have been scared of by the gorilla's family. If they are anything like humans, then they will mourn the dead. Maybe there was a family of Forest elephants but that is very unlikely.

6. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member