Join our zoo community

Africam Safari Detailed information about the elephants at Africam?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by DanaDanger, 8 Sep 2017.

1. DanaDanger

DanaDanger New Member

Hi! I'm a huge fan of elephants, and like to keep tabs on how they're doing. One of my favorite websites is:

Petra Prager – Elefanten-Fotolexikon.

It is a large, surprisingly thorough visual database of zoo elephants all around the world. The site is in German, but in the upper right you can change the language.

However, the owner of the website (Petra) is obviously unable to go around to every zoo herself, and so requires some help filling out details.

One page that is particularly lacking is the one on the Africam Safari herd -- which is unfortunate, as they just birthed a calf in July:

Petra Prager – Elefanten-Fotolexikon

I offered to help, but I have been unable to find out much information through online research. I can't even find each elephant's name!

I'm hoping someone who has visited can fill in the blanks. At the very least, we'd like to know:

Name
    Sex
    Age (approximate)
    Mother and Father (in the case of the newborn calf)

Ideally, photos of each elephant would be great! Petra very much wants to be able to associate a photo with each animal.

Much thanks for any help!

2. carlos55

carlos55 Well-Known Member

You should send an email directly to africam safari for that info, i have never seen it on the internet.

3. yomatibi

yomatibi Member

Hi Dana, thank you so much for your friendly support.. I´hope someday I get some more informations about the elephants at Puebla... I´ve created a new website,

Please have a look

Petra Prager – Elefanten-Fotolexikon

Maybe the name of the little one, born this year... Petra Prager

4. Jaxton

Jaxton Well-Known Member

Did anybody ever find anything about the herd?

5. carlos55

carlos55 Well-Known Member

Africam Safari has ten african elephants including the male born last year. But africam is not very interested on posting información about their elephants on internet. You really juSt have to go there and ask them. I do not have any plans for going to Puebla soon, sorry

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  6. Jaxton

Jaxton Well-Known Member

Kifaru Bwana likes this.