Join our zoo community

Different wombat

Discussion in 'Australia' started by wombat, 11 Jan 2011.

1. wombat

wombat Member

I realise youre not questioning the welfare of the animals, by the way they are baby quolls and there is usually one or two when its breeding time then they have young every year and its a family and the male moves on. They seem to know what they are doing as far as that goes. Ill suggest they look at their web site and correct a few things for their sake. They have limited money and I chat to the owners a fair bit and they get frustrated by so many price rises they wish they could do more, I know they have been wanting to build lots of new things but with staff and food bills and of course vet bills they find it hard. Sure its a bit run down but for an every day experience of patting a koala, a wombat seeing extremely endangered devils and quolls being surrounded by dewy eyed loveable roos and watching a snake feed on a mouse its well worth it. When you go as often as I do with my family the place does change because we see the animals grow, breed, become tame and develop new behaviours and if I had the money I would help them out, I do donate to the croc pond fund. I agree though that tasmanian tiger needs a brush!