Join our zoo community

Doctor Who Discussion

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Zambar, 7 Feb 2010.

1. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

Thoughts on the new TARDIS interior? I can't say I liked it from what was seen at the end of the second episode. It's too alien-crystal-cave for me.

Surprise, though, that parts of that episode were filmed in South Africa!

2. Giant Panda

Giant Panda Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I like the crystals. They harken back to the RTD interior, rather than Moffat's industrial chic. Possibly a bit dark/claustrophobic, but we'll wait and see. I LOVE the new title sequence.

3. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Yeah, that was my only slight worry with the console room. Titles are great, though I tend to be 'face in the titles' kind of guy.. :D

4. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

I didn't like it. I didn't mind the Capaldi one with books and blackboards on the Mezzanine level, but I don't like dark (probably 'coz I grew up with the Pertwee/Baker version).

Me too!

:p

Hix

5. Chlidonias

I think the new title sequence is my favourite of all the Doctors'. I can't say I was a big fan of the "TARDIS flying through the time tunnel" which all the modern series used.

I found this cool video showing all the title sequences up to Capaldi:

None of the modern series really used the "face in the titles", there being only a hint of Matt Smith and the eyes of Capaldi. Of the older sequences my favourite is the second Pertwee one from 1973, I think probably because that is what I think of as "real Doctor Who titles".

In the 80s they really went with the disco-lights and synthesiser music...

Giant Panda, ThylacineAlive and Jambo like this.
  6. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Man the 90s intro really went all in in the most 90s way possible :p

Personally I think the original Matt Smith intro is my favorite, though that version of the DW theme isn't.

EDIT: I just watched the new intro and I like it a lot. I do not like the new TARDIS interior much. I haven't watched any of the new series/season yet, unfortunately I fell off of a lot of shows back in 2016 and DW was one of them so I need to catch up!

~Thylo

7. Chlidonias

I just realised (at the end of episode three) that the time rotor is now a giant penis-shaped crystal ... it was kind of distracting, moving up and down right behind the Doctor while she was talking...

Maybe it was different for UK / American viewers, but I found episode three to be really preachy overall, and it wasn't much fun to watch.