Join our zoo community

Dreamworld Dreamworld Discriminating

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Monty, 1 Oct 2010.

1. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I was just reading on another site about a business booking Tiger Island at dreamworld for a party, being called back later by the general manager to tell them that their booking was canceled as they did approve of their business.

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

this post only gives one side of the story so its a bit biased don't you think, given that (from what is posted here) there's no way of knowing what the Dreamworld emails said? Personally I don't really understand how Nioa think they can take legal action....surely its up to the organisation (in this case Dreamworld) to have the say over who they accept party bookings from?

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The people from NIOA would be very welcome to have their Christmas party at the Darling Downs Zoo. Our only restriction is on the entry of alcohol to the zoo.

Interesting to note that Dreamworld would have had to patronise a business that may have been supplied by NIOA as all of us have to have firearms and ammunition on site.

4. Monty

I do have a reply email, but I it just says we stand behind our decision to ban you business because we don't like it and we wont be apologizing.

From what I have heard, the phone call NIOLA received telling them their booking had been canceled and the reason, was the reason they felt was they felt discriminated against. I don't think their email replies went into detail, at least the one I have seen.

5. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Did Dreamworld provide a reason why they thought the buisness was not up to their moral standards?

6. Monty

No reason, they just dont like their business. Typical uneducated tree hugger stuff. It has upset the owner of the company as he has made the emails public.

7. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

the owner raises some valid points in the e-mail, I hope Dreamworld takes this into consideration. but from what the replies from dreamworld have stated, I doubt whether they will budge on the issue.