Join our zoo community

Dudley Zoological Gardens Dudley Zoological Gardens in 2016

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Asiaticlion2015, 28 Dec 2015.

1. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Some Pallas' (Himalayan Tibetan plateau - snow leopard) or rusty-spotted cats (E.Asia - tiger) to fit in with what other carnivores they currently hold? But, perhaps not ..., just wait and see!

Other than that: I am glad they will finally be giving the snow leopard exhibit a make-over. It will certainly benefit their fledging breeding program for them with more space and height in the enclosure. I do hope they alter slightly from the drawing and more high spaces and rocky areas ...

The Parrot Aviaries being refurbed implies they will probably only house at most 2 species in larger flocks in future. What species are currently there?

Last edited: 27 Dec 2016
  2. Quincey

Quincey Well-Known Member 5+ year member

3. AdrianW1963

AdrianW1963 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

So no new small cat enclosure

4. Benosaurus

Benosaurus Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Military Macaws, Yellow Shouldered Amazons and Goffin's Cockatoos.

5. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

Well that's a little disappointing but I think it's what we would have expected had we not seen the first article.
    Of course,if Dudley wanted to they could very easily build a couple of small cat exhibits on the woodland slope where the Red Squirrels are. In fact that whole area could be really spiced up with a Eurasian woodland theme. Add some aviaries for owls and other birds, maybe a polecat exhibit and perhaps a small muntjac enclosure,put souslik in the old bear pit and you've given the zoo a whole new exhibit complex for comparitively little cost.