Join our zoo community

Dumbo 2019

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Loxodonta Cobra, 14 Jun 2018.

1. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Teaser Trailer:

TheGerenuk likes this.
  2. savethelephant

savethelephant Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Considering the psychedelic nature of 'Pink Elephants on Parade' in the original movie, one can only imagine what Tim Burton will do to it in a live action...

3. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Official trailer dropped:

Brum, kiang and Jambo like this.
  4. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Can't Disney put normal ads on zoochat.com, like everybody else?

One spooky movie. Am I the only one who thought of the Alien hatching from the egg?

5. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I am both excited and nervous for this one. For one thing, I never thought the pink elephants on parade was freaking or creepy. When I heard that Burton was going to direct I was like "Pink Elephants is the reason he's doing it!" As someone who likes circuses and the industry's history I like the original film and am curious as to how he will be retelling this for a completely different generation.

One thing I think we'd all like to know is who exactly is Jumbo's father? Isaac from Wotso Videos (a popular YouTube channel devoted to Disney conspiracy theories) promoted the idea that Dumbo is the grandson of the famous Jumbo and is the reason why he has such huge ears. From the latest trailer it seems like Timothy Mouse is albino and Jumbo's mother will have that touching moment where Baby Mine plays. as she cuddles Dumbo with her trunk from the confines of her wagon.

I know that Disney in the past has had its controversies and this film is no exception. With the amount of amount of racial stereotyping in the original film (in the 40's it was considered non-controversial) like the name of the one crow in the group who's called "Jim Crow" and the references to the circus workers in Song of the Roustabouts as "hairy apes" are heralded by today's newer generations as extremely offensive. I bet these will be removed entirely in this new adaptation. I would like to hear the Song of the Roustabouts as I really like the melody and how it sets the mood for both the excitement and (in dumbo's case) dark side of the circus. "Frozen Heart" song did the same in 2013 to set up Frozen's plot so I hope they keep it. They just need to change out some of the lyrics. Or perhaps it will play as an instrumental score in the background. Overall, I hope they keep the essence and tone of the original but perhaps beef up the story like in 2017's Beauty and the Beast. I think that's the best route for this one and hopefully Tim Burton won't ruin it but revitalize it for a modern 21st Century audience.