Join our zoo community

Ebay Auction: San Diego ZOONOOZ 1950's thru 1990's

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by djaeon, 15 Feb 2012.

1. djaeon

djaeon Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    For anyone who's interested, I'm selling my ZOONOOZ collection on Ebay. There are 4 lots containing issues from 1950 - 1990.

Link:
    djaeon | eBay

Thanks for looking!

2. boopashaboopa

boopashaboopa Member

I am interested but I have never used Ebay to buy something before.

3. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

I'm interested in why you are selling. You have obviously devoted a lot of time and money and put a lot of value into collecting 40 years worth.
    Thanks

4. djaeon

djaeon Well-Known Member

I'm selling them because I tend to collect too many things. I have a collectors mentality, and when I get interested in something, in this case the San Diego Zoo, I like to collect things related to that interest. The problem is I'm interested in too many things, and that does consume a lot of money and space;) So, I'm curbing that habit. I'm going to focus my collecting impulses on just a couple of subjects that I'm most interested in, keep a few of my favorite pieces from the other subjects, and try and sell the rest. Another smaller motivator is that I'm going to be moving to a different state at some point in the future, and less stuff makes for an easier move.

I have ZOONOOZ' all the way through the current issue, but I'm going to donate the newer ones, from 1991 on, to a school. I have a bunch of other Zoo memorabilia that I will eventually sell as well.

I also have National Geographic's back to the '20's or '30's and Popular Mechanics back to the '50's or '60's that I want to eventually sell.

5. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

Ah thje collectors mentality, I have a touch of that too.