Join our zoo community

Elephant odyssey update

Discussion in 'United States' started by The_UltimateBea, 30 Oct 2016.

1. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I am also hoping it will live up to the hype.

List of cuts include-
    Zebras
    hornbills
    spotted hyenas
    warthogs
    aye-ayes
    patas monkeys
    mouse lemurs

I am excited for the baboon, and ibex exhibits that look awesome. I am also interested in how the African leopard situation plays out.

I like EO, I see why people don't though. The elephant and South American holding areas are major eyesores. I like the jaguar exhibit, and I love that huge elephant pool.

2. dinosaur50

dinosaur50 Well-Known Member

i like eo to it has some great exhibits

3. The_UltimateBea

The_UltimateBea Well-Known Member

Why does everyone hate elephant odyssey? Just cause of a couple bad lion and jaguar enclosures? Say what you will but I actually like it.

4. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Likes- The elephant exhibit is very spacious, and the pool is huge. While the jaguar exhibit is a little small it has great climbing areas. The rattlesnake exhibit is also great. The south American yards are decent and contain 2 of my favorite animals, tapirs, and capybara. The condor aviary is huge and even though I ran past it to see Ranchipour (The zoos bull who passed away in August) It still a tall wonderful exhibit. Lastly the sloth and dik dik exhibit is roomy as well.

Dislikes- The elephant care center and South American holding areas are major eyesores. The boring dusty hoofstock yards are nothing to brag about either. (There where originally going to be wild horses and sloth bears.) Lastly the lion exhibit is ugly and small. Another reason people dislike it is because it replaced he popular horn & hoof mesa.

Overall- I consider EO to be a decent exhibit with a few flaws. What I think they should do is phase out domestic horses and get wild horses. I may be a little bias sense I love seeing elephants and their are none down here in Chicago so I always love elephant exhibits and the awesome San Diego Zoo.

5. BossMayhem250

BossMayhem250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm just teasing, I like the elephant exhibit it is huge, but care center is a giant building right in the middle, and I would have liked it if it had some grass, and I don't like the Ultiltrees, why not put real trees, maybe if the ultiltrees held food they would be better but they don't, atleast I don't think they do.

6. dinosaur50

yes true the care center is a giant building right in the middle and a eyesores as is South American holding ares and i I don't like the Ultiltree Lastly the lion exhibit is ugly and small. true but the rest is great it should have.

7. dinosaur50

why did they cut hornbills any how.

8. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member 10+ year member Premium Member

I went to the zoo today. The only thing that is changing at the lion and jaguar exhibits is some of the netting is being replaced and the poles holding the netting is being sanded and repainted.

9. GraysonDP

GraysonDP Well-Known Member

This is a let down.

10. dinosaur50

what a letdown

11. Andrew_NZP

Andrew_NZP Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm assuming Grayson is talking about what Betsy said.

12. dinosaur50

ok