Join our zoo community

Prospect Park Zoo Family Gets Kicked Out From Prospect Park Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by Smaggledagle, 6 Dec 2020.

1. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

A video was uploaded to YouTube on December 6th, which shows that a family was kicked from the zoo. The reason why was because their 5-year-old son wasn't wearing a mask, as he had a medical condition. After talking to most likely a general manager, they were told to leave the zoo. This all happened on the Discovery Trail right outside a "closed" building near the black-tailed prairie dog exhibit.

2. ChIkEn NuGrEt

ChIkEn NuGrEt Well-Known Member

If the zoo doesn’t allow medical exemptions, and they knew this it would be unresponsible for them to take their child, also why do they expect all zoos to have the same rules. Dang I hate that you are violating my rights argument. And what does he have because it could possibly be fake depending on what he has.

Jambo and Smaggledagle like this.
  3. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member 5+ year member

If you have a medical condition that keeps you from wearing a mask, you shouldn't be at a zoo.

Deerfad, Dyl0526 and carlos55 like this.
  4. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

While the family in the video appeared to be respectful in their arguments I don't see how any medical exemption for wearing a mask protects others from being infected by the child. The zoo's policy is all children over 3 must wear masks (as posted)

Deerfad, carlos55 and StoppableSan like this.