Join our zoo community

Favorite Food

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by tigris115, 7 Feb 2016.

1. tigris115

tigris115 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Along with music, browser history, and posts on various forums, one of the best ways to get to know someone is to find out what they eat. I decided to make a few categories.

Fruit: Apples. Definetly Apples. Being more specific, my favorite apples are Red & Golden Delicious. Besides apples, I also like oranges, mangoes, and pomegranates.

Vegetables: When it comes to vegetables, I usually gravitate towards leafy & collard greens. Also potatoes.

Bread, Grain, Cereal, etc.: Baguettes are my #1 along with naan bread. And pancakes when I can get them. For cereal, it's usually Panda Puffs.

Meat: As far as farm meats go, my favorite is lamb, especially rack of lamb and leg of lamb. I also like beef (especially a good steak), pork (bacon is love, bacon is life) and duck (my family eats that instead of turkey every Thanksgiving). My personal favorite meat is the game meat I had in South Africa (impala, wildebeest, springbok, and kudu). For seafood, my favorites are tuna, salmon, and lobster.

Dairy: I don't drink milk anymore. I switched to almond milk and now regular milk gives me a stomach ache. I still eat cheese though. My personal favorites include Paneer, mozzarella, Pepper Jack, and provolone. I also like cream cheese (especially salmon flavored). My favorite dairy product however is ice cream. My favorite ice cream flavors are strawberry, mint-chocolate chip, cookie dough, mango, and anything with peanut butter.

Junk Food: I try to stay away from junk food save for occasions. Usually it's chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk and candy. My favorite candies are of the Resses brand or anything with peanut butter like Butterfingers. I also like Linda's Lollies and all the other kinds of sweets.

Foreign Food: Indian food all the way. Curries, chicken tandoori, palak paneer, masala dosas, the works. Other favorites include Mexican food, That food, Chinese food, and sushi

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Lots of good Mexican food here in Tucson. Gotta love Mexican food. (As long as it is not too spicy hot). One of the oldest Mexican restaurants in the country is downtown's El Charro, in a charming old house, and two groups of ZooChatters have been treated to the experience with me on their trip through Tucson.

Ituri and JbsnBsn99 and a non ZooChat friend of theirs joined me for dinner here a few years ago and then Snowleopard joined me here last summer.