Join our zoo community

Favorite Music :)

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by PAT, 27 Feb 2009.

1. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Actually, my favorite Sabaton song is Price of a Mile. Unfortunately, this tends to get repeated in my head until it's the bloody carcass of what it once was.

2. UngulateNerd92

UngulateNerd92 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Again, this is a good idea for a thread in the Zoo Cafe forum. I mostly listen to classical music and world music, so nothing mainstream.

Here are some favorites of mine.

Al Qantara by Palestinian musician Simon Shaheen. I like how he integrates sounds of Spanish flamenco. Having both Levantine arabic and Iberian heritage, this music resonates with me.

Ait Zalal by the Israeli-American Jewish band Moshav

Raag Bapukauns by Amjad Ali Khan Bangash, an Indian sarod player from the state of Madhya Pradesh.

On YouTube, one channel I am subscribed to is the Traditional Music Channel which includes stuff like this traditional Hindustani dhrupad vocal music from northern India and this Iranian music and this Moroccan Berber Gnawa music and this Argentine Andean music and this traditional music from Scotland and this Australian Aboriginal didgeridoo music
    as well as my two favorites, this Cambodian/Khmer folk music and this Syriac Aramaic Chant music those are just a few examples from this channel.

Another similar channel is UN Approved Music and on their channel I really like this traditional music from Afghanistan.

Another artist I really like listening to is Hungarian musician Arany Zoltan. He is very good at accurately composing music from different countries/regions. Such examples include this Hungarian battle music and this folk music from Cape Breton Island and this Bosnian folk music which is probably my favorite

I also enjoy finding music on YouTube with no identified artist such as this classical music from Kuwait and this music being played in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India

On the opposite end of that spectrum, I also like finding music where the song name isn't identified but the artist is such as this Alghoza music by Pakistani musician Khamiso Khan and this Mongolian throat singing by Batzorig Vaanchig and this Korean sanjo music from the 1960s

Pardon my long winded post here... This is just the tip of the iceberg and I don't want to burden anyone with more examples.

3. Onychorhynchus coronatus

Onychorhynchus coronatus Well-Known Member

Old one but currently this :