Join our zoo community

Flamingo Land Flamingo Land Rhinos

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Macaw16, 2 Mar 2015.

1. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Does anybody know what species of rhino they are getting at Flamingo Land?

On their website it shows an image of an Indian rhino and says they are getting them.

But when I visited recently on the map it said Black rhinos were coming soon but it also showed an image of an Indian rhino.

2. Parrotsandrew

Parrotsandrew Well-Known Member

The current situation is that it is Black Rhinos, I think that is certain now (I did confirm it with the most senior figure at the park possible when he had just inspected the development the other week). Some of the photographs on the Flamingo Land gallery have some discussion on this saga.

3. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks, do you have any idea why they aren't getting Indian rhinos now?

4. Parrotsandrew

Parrotsandrew Well-Known Member

Not really as it has been posted on a gallery thread that the park was offered some (presumably some more, as there had been two lined up originally). As I say I did confirm with the most senior figure in the park the other week it was Black Rhinos (without asking the details) and Blossom has done the same, I presume with a member of the keeping staff. When I was talking to a keeper I know just after Christmas she said it was still up in the air, but some particular Black Rhinos would eventually lead to Indians. Since then it has become definitely Black Rhinos, but whether Indians will ever happen now I do not know.