Join our zoo community

Obsolete Forum Header Photos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simon Hampel, 5 Sep 2006.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Just thought I'd tell everyone about the photos I'm using in the header across the top of the forum for a bit of extra colour.

From left to right:

1. African Elephant at Western Plains Zoo (Dubbo) - June 1999
    2. Lion at Monarto Zoo, December 2003
    3. Polar Bear at San Diego Zoo, January 2005
    4. Major Mitchell Cockatoos at Taronga Zoo, April 2000

I'll update the photo gallery software and start posting more of my photos from zoos that I've visited.

Last edited: 7 Sep 2006
  2. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

This is great site now, though im not fust on the click here to post there thing, other than tht great, 1 more thing is it now possible to do multiple uploads, as i hace 100's of pics, but uploading 1 or even 5 at a time is just to much? any help there, othere wise im loving it, great colours and set out, love cheri in da pic!!!

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Okay ... it's mostly there for hybrid thread mode - which nobody uses anyway, so I've turned it off. You should be able to just post using the quick reply box at the bottom of the page with no clicks required.

So not even 5 at a time will be enough ? In that case the only way to do more is via the bulk-upload facility - which is an admin only function. I can set it up so you can upload your files to the server using FTP, then I'll import them into the gallery, but then you'll have to edit them to set the titles and descriptions and categories. Would that be okay for you ? Have you ever used FTP before ?