Join our zoo community

Dudley Zoological Gardens Good zoo for Photography?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stephend, 27 Sep 2009.

Tags:
  1. stephend

stephend Well-Known Member

I have read in many threads that people moan how rubbish zoo's are for photographers including dudley. I have just got back from there after spending 3 hours & feel that it is not a bad zoo for photography.
    Some places it can be a challenge but is that not half the fun of it?
    I enjoy dudley as all the enclosures are different. Some you see from above, others at eye level. Whats everyone elses opinion on dudley for photographers. Is it good or am I just mad

2. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

Hi Stephen.

The Zoo isnt too bad for photography in many places, despite my feelings about many of the conditions, I do enjoy my visits in the main, and it is mainly photography. The wild sog enclosure isnt good for photos, the inside monkey tail place isnt either, but others are. Id of liked to of photographed the Lions, Im delighted they have a better enclosure, but its not good for pictures, however Im very happy with that! :)

A couple taken at Dudley last week, do you have any to share?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. stephend

watch out

If anyone is wondering what is inside the old elephant enclosure at dudley zoo please ask a keeper. Please don't do what I did by trying to get a peek, fell down a hole in the tarmac. The result is a right foot black & blue & in a bandage. By the way does anyone know whats in there?

4. stephend

Nice pics dawn. Like them alot I put mine on the gallery. Now the young male lion is there he was trying to fight the female right in front of the lower viewing platform so good photos today. Only down side is the little windows hard to get a good shot other than straight ahead.

5. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It has been many years since I visited Dudley: but these photos are very nice - I ought to go there again soon.

Alan

6. EvilKittie

EvilKittie Well-Known Member

has none been there and waited coz i hear birds sometimes

7. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

Cheers :) Ill look at yours in the gallery.

8. Emmeline

Emmeline Member

Dudley Zoo

Dudley Zoos' Lemur Walkthrough was very good, excellent for photography. The Lemurs had so much space, each species seemed to have its own house set apart from the others and the species in there were excellent.

I would recommend the Lemur Walkthrough if you are someone who likes taking photographs. In addtion, the keeper we spoke to in there was very knowledgable and friendly.

The zoo, in parts, is very dated however it has vastly improved in the last few years and I'm sure it will continue to do so, hopefully the Orangutan enclosure will be next.

9. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

lemurland is where the elphants were

10. EvilKittie

EvilKittie Well-Known Member

sorry cat man its not Lemur Walk through is a fairly new site, it is were the Wallaby walk through is and the inside was the mongoose lemurs and that area

11. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

sorry, that is what i ment