Join our zoo community

Hand-drawn Animated Film kickstarter: promoting nature and wildlife

Discussion in 'Wildlife & Nature Conservation' started by lancerandrara, 18 Aug 2014.

1. lancerandrara

lancerandrara New Member

I started a kickstarter for my final animated film for next year. The aim is to make my last short film be able to impact the audience in a way that can bring further awareness and appreciation of nature and the animals in it, with a focus on endangered and potentially endangered species. Any support would be amazing!

You can find more information in the kickstarter I typed up.

Here is the link to the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/580901810/hand-drawn-animated-film-promoting-nature-and-wild/

This year, I started earlier on my current concept of animals in nature, as I've wanted to carry out this film idea for many months now. It will be a visual development and animation focused film, catering more to the traditional style of my still paintings, instead of a tale like in my previous film "Beast".
    The film centers around a timber wolf, a humpback whale, and a polar bear, along with the other animals in each of their environments. It will be three short stories and visuals incorporated into one animated short, using a mixture of traditional and digital media.

There are catches/rewards for funding towards the goal, like all kickstarters..

If you pledge $10 or more... I will email you a high-res image file of a black and white quick painting of a wolf.

If you pledge $25 or more... I will email you a high-res image file of a black and white quick painting of an animal of your choosing.

If you pledge $40 or more... I will email you a high-res image of a colored painting of an animal of your choosing!

If you pledge $65 or more... I will email you a high-res image of a colored painting of ANY animal, existing character, personal character, etc. and art style of your choosing. Thank you so much for your support!

IF YOU PLEDGE $100 OR MORE... I will email you a fully-rendered colored painting, with background, of any single animal, existing character, personal character, etc. in any setting of your choosing. A full illustration commission on the cheap. Thanks very much for your support!

If funding for this animation is successful, all extra fundings will go to World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) bucket adoption kits to support endangered species and their habitats. WWF is a non-profit.

Where the funds are needed!

-required programs and software for animating and post-production from home
    -fees for other artists involved (composers, sound designers, etc.)
    -art materials
    -use of recording studios and equipment
    -Festival submission fees and participation

Thanks for readin!

2. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

Very cool. Your drawings are very good.

Why don't you have more than 2 backers yet? Most Kickstarter projects get off the ground with the support of your networks (Facebook, friends, family, classmates etc).