Join our zoo community

Hello from Newfoundland, Canada!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stacey101, 27 Nov 2012.

1. stacey101

stacey101 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!
    My names Stacey (nice to meet you all!) im 20, from Newfoundland Canada. Im not really sure how intros normally work here as im use to animal forums so forgive me :rolleyes:

I've always loved and cared for animals and the enviroment ( theres home videos of me obessessing over animals from when i was 9 months! :eek: ) Steve Irwin was and will always be my hero and inspiration, I believe he was who created my enthusiasm for animals right from the start.

Im currently enrolled in a program CAZA runs ( zoo technology ) to help me learn the ropes, and get employeed somewhere as a keeper ( i was a uni student but couldnt do the chem or physics so after mush talk with several zoos and CAZA im just diving into their year long program ) . Im currently a keeper of 5 captive harp seals here on the island Babs, Tyler, Deane, Jamie and Lenny. My duties include; food prep, feeding, training, clean their enclosures, health checks and the journal. Anyone what photos of these rubber lovin monkeys?

As far as captivity goes, im 100% against cetacean captivity. I just thought I should state that right up front, but im in no way wanting to start a fight!!

If anyone is interested in the course, i can answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Anywho! nice to meet you all, very excited to have found you :)
    Stacey

2. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)

3. Parrotsandrew

Parrotsandrew Well-Known Member

Welcome to ZooChat. You will not share my enthusiasm for British cetacean exhibits of the 1960s and 1970s, but I do not want to start a fight either!

4. Blackduiker

Blackduiker Well-Known Member

Welcome to ZooChat!

5. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Well welcome to ZooChat again. I, too, was interested in animals since I was little as my mother took me to the Smithsonian National Zoo several times a week since my first month. I, too, have always loved Steve Irwin and was very sadened by his passing.

I never knew this forum existed! I'd post my own intro. but I'm like three months old here and I think everyone knows me by now:D

P.S.- Be careful of nanoboy on your birthday, he may try to set you up with his brother;)

6. stacey101

stacey101 Well-Known Member

LOL :p I'll be sure too,

thanks for the welcoming