Join our zoo community

Hello from Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rick Shears, 31 Mar 2017.

1. Rick Shears

Rick Shears New Member

Hello everyone. I came across your forum in a Google search and glad to be here. I am not an actual zoo or conservation employee but I do support conservation. I am active in volunteer work such as working to help protect our wetlands. I would like to make a career transition into working in conservation though I only have a degree in business. So I am gaining experience through some of my volunteer work.

I spend a lot of time outdoors including hiking, camping, trail running and cycling. This year I plan to try my first at backpacking. I just feel at home in nature.

Look forward to communicating with everyone and join in on your conversations.

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Hello Rick, from the Neterlands : welcome to ZooChat !

Rick Shears likes this.
  3. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome, Rick. Good luck with your career transition. It sounds like you are off to a good start with doing volunteer work.

Rick Shears likes this.
  4. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There are very, very few zoo employees on this site. Most are fans plus the occasional volunteer (as I used to be). Anyway glad to have someone from Ohio, which is home to the mighty Columbus Zoo and Cincinnati Zoo (plus others like Akron).

Rick Shears likes this.