Join our zoo community

hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jennifer, 26 Dec 2016.

1. jennifer

jennifer New Member

hello. my name is jennifer. im in missouri. i own some exotics myself and was trying to find the answer to a question when i came about this site. if someone can tell me how to post a question i would appreciate it.
    i wanted to know about how far along a kinkajou needs to be before you can tell shes pregnant. also what about for a vet to be able to tell?

2. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hi jennifer. Welcome to zoochat! I'm no familiar with kinkajou so I can't tell. But I believe some people in zoochat must know.

3. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Also from the Netherlands, welcome to ZooChat and also I don't have the answer to your question but - as aardvark250 already said - I'm sure somebody else can help you !

4. BennettL

BennettL Well-Known Member

Hi Jennifer.Welcome to zoochat.I am new too.
    Kinkajous are able to reproduce all year round. Pregnancy lasts 112 to 118 days and ends with one, rarely two cubs. Babies are blind, deaf and helpless at birth. Mother is very protective and she travel with baby attached to her belly wherever she goes.
    Male kinkajous reach sexual maturity at the age of 18 months, females at the age of 30 months.Now to your question, you can tell when a kinkajou is pregnant at 3 weeks after mating.

BennettL