Join our zoo community

Help Car Rental in United Kingdom

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by zoomaniac, 19 May 2022.

1. zoomaniac

zoomaniac Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi folks

I guess there are a few people here that have experience with car rental stations in the United Kingdom/Great Britain and can help me:

I have already booked a car at Manchester Airport. My plane will (or rather: should) arrive on Saturday, June 11th, at 08:04 am. Pickup time for the car is at 08:30 am.

1 Is there a real chance, that I can pickup my car ON TIME, if the plane is on time? (Way thru passport control, only hand baggage, walk to nearest Shuttle-Service-Station, drive to Car rental village)?

2 Will I get problems to get the car, if there is a plane delay for less then 1 hour (Even if I told the rental car company my flight number in advance and will call them by phone if a delay is foreseeable?)

3. Is there anything special I should aware of during the handing over or any suggestions? (I'm an experienced rental car user in the USA, Spain, Canada, South Africa and Australia, however, there can be always anything extraordinary). How would you rate the trustworthiness for car rental companies in the UK in comparison with other countries? (I've booked the car at Enterprise Manchester Airport)

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

2. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

I've used Enterprise in the past and all ok with me, they have loads of depots in the UK. Manchester airport is really awkward (annoying) for anything to do with cars. It cost me £5 just to drop my sister-in-law off ...... I'd call Enterprise to check airport policies.

I feel zoochat is generally the public transport type with bus routes, thermos flasks and laminated maps...:p

3. zoomaniac

zoomaniac Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi Pootie, thank for your reply although it comes a little late (I was in Manchester, rather Chester, last weekend). I had a pleasant experience with Enterprise so far (will wait for a final judgement when the deposit is back payed).

And yes, obviously most zoochat members from Europe use public transport, which is fine. However, although cheaper, you loose a lot of time you don't have for a zoo visit then...

4. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

Hope it went well and works out. I agree, no time for public transport myself.