Join our zoo community

Help Reopen the Belle Isle Aquarium

Discussion in 'United States' started by JBZvolunteer, 4 Dec 2011.

1. JBZvolunteer

JBZvolunteer Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, normally I don't call on people to do stuff like this but I feel it is a worthwhile cause. The Belle Isle Aquarium was the First Ever Public Aquarium in the US. It to close down in 2006 because of budget cuts. They have been approved by the City of Detroit to reopen if they could raise the money and this would put them at the goal almost if not give them enough money to open. The top 10 projects each get $50,000 in the category they are in. they are currently 14th. If you could please go to the link below and vote it would be very appreciated.

RESTORE the tanks in the BELLE ISLE AQUARIUM!!! - Pepsi Refresh Project

2. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

No, I think that is incorrect

3. JBZvolunteer

JBZvolunteer Well-Known Member

thanks for the fix I guess it must have been longest running that I heard from the looks of it because it was modeled after the Naples aquarium which is still the oldest operating one in the world today.

4. Gouramigirl

Gouramigirl New Member

Support Belle Isle Aquarium's Pepsi Grant!@

I too do not normally ask people to get involved with voting for projects however this one is extra-ordinary. Friends of Belle Isle Aquarium has succeeded in getting their application for a $50,000 Pepsi Refresh Grant in for voting. Currently they are ranked #12. The Belle Isle Aquarium was the oldest continuously operated fresh water aquarium in North America and operated for over 101 years. The Aquarium closed in 2005 however, Friends of Belle Isle Aquarium still cares for the last remaining fish in one large exhibit tank. The building also just received a National Trust Grant AND a State Historic Preservation Grant to restore the roof. There is a lot of momentum. Help them restore the tanks. It's worth the small amount of time to register at Pepsi: RESTORE the tanks in the BELLE ISLE AQUARIUM!!! - Pepsi Refresh Project. It's also super simple to vote by texting 110635 to 73774. The catch is you gotta vote EVERY day during the month of December. It's worth it. Help reopen the beautiful Belle Isle Aquarium by giving the Friends a gift of $50,000 to restore their tanks! Share the link and vote every day for this great cause!!! Thanks - Gouramigirl