Join our zoo community

Hiding in-post pictures?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by CGSwans, 7 Feb 2023.

1. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi Sim,

I suspect I'm the only one who has this issue, but is there a setting I can use to hide or disable in-post photos? I try to avoid seeing images of zoos and exhibits I hope to see in person in future, which can be difficult when there are lots of photos in threads.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

I would have thought that being on a site like ZooChat would be rather problematic in this case? :p

No, unfortunately there is no setting which allows this.

I guess in theory it would be fairly straight forward to create an add-on for the forum software which gives a user the option to hide photos embedded in a post. Could be made to use the "spoiler" function to hide photos so you can optionally choose to show them if you're confident it's something you'll want to see. Unfortunately, I don't have time to develop such functionality right now - but I'll add it to my ideas list for the future.

3. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

All good. I'm usually pretty good at scrolling past while I look away/deliberately don't focus so that I don't get a good look at in-post photos. :) Just occasionally there's a very photo-heavy post where it's hard to not get a good feel of a place by accident.

4. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There are functions to block all pictures via your browser, but you might need to flip that switch every time you use zoochat.