Join our zoo community

Closed How do you stop receiving email notifications?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Hvedekorn, 7 Oct 2017.

1. Hvedekorn

Hvedekorn Well-Known Member 15+ year member

To be honest, I think a little bit annoying to suddenly be woken up by a *ding* sound in the middle of the night, thinking it's an urgent text message, only to find out it's an email notification that someone has replied to a Zoochat thread.

So... How do I "unsubscribe" from these notifications? I've been in "preferences" under my settings and removed the checkmarks from the four "and receive email notifications" boxes, but that doesn't work.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

That will only stop you being automatically subscribed to new threads and won't affect existing alerts.

I can do a bulk unsubscribe for you to remove all existing alerts, but wouldn't you be better off to simply use the "Do not disturb" functionality on your phone? Wouldn't you be getting alerts all night long from other email sources as well?

I have my phone to not give any audible alerts overnight except from certain important phone numbers - works well for me.

3. Hvedekorn

Hvedekorn Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Thank you for your reply - that explains why the mails kept coming. You don't have to waste your time unsubscribing me from the existing alerts, I'll just turn off the alert sound. Actually, I only use my normal email for a few sources - Zoochat is the only international forum I use it for - so that's why I got a bit annoyed by the mails since I'm used to not getting mail alerts at night.

Simon Hampel likes this.