Join our zoo community

how to get family into wildlife

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by carl the birder, 21 Nov 2018.

1. carl the birder

carl the birder Well-Known Member 5+ year member

how do you get your fameily to go and do wildlife stuff like national parks. when i am on a vacation ether with my mom or dads family i will try to covisn them to on thrips. but ther ides for a ideile vacation is ether to stay at a hotel the whole time or maby a shoping trip. wen i was wisitting schotland i persuade to do a bote safari but after like 15 min my siters went down and playd on ther mobile and they sad they dinden like it that much.
    any ides this alos aplys to zoos

2. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Each person have his own tastes and we don't should force nobody to have same tastes than us. But anyway, for small children at least, a very promising method would be reading Gerald Durrell's books to them, starting by the Corfu trilogy, and continuing with others if they liked a lot the trilogy. Even persons not interested in nature would like these books for being hilarious, and one thing can lead to the other.

carl the birder and BigNate like this.
  3. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

U beta us spellchkr. ;)

I understand your problem is reverse to Kakapo's answer: you are a young man with your parents and elders who do not like nature.
    I think best is if you joined some young birdwatchers club or similar where you can go without your family.
    Otherwise you needs some planning. Your parents may be persuaded to drop you somewhere and pick few hours later.
    Try if places which are scenic (mountains, waterfalls etc) are more liked.

carl the birder likes this.
  4. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Ops, sorry, I didn't noticed that was the parents the persons to-be-convinced, as explained in the header post.

carl the birder likes this.