Join our zoo community

I probably should have done this sooner...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nate Brother, 30 Jul 2018.

1. Nate Brother

Nate Brother Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I joined this site about 2 weeks ago and it just dawned on me that I should have an introduction post...oh well better late then never I suppose:).

My name is Nate and I am a high school student from Central Kentucky, a state not particularly known for its zoos. I grew up going to the Cincinnati Zoo and throughout my childhood wanted to go into a profession involving animals. To this day I am still fascinated by wildlife and whenever the rare opportunity arises to head to zoo, aquarium, wildlife park, e.t.c., I swiftly take it. I have been on this site as a guest for about 4 months and figured I might as well get an account. I'm just glad to be here!

Brum, Jake and BigNate like this.
  2. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome to Zoochat, Nate. If you want to stay current with what is going on in the zoo world and wildlife conservation, you have come to the right place.

Your Louisville Zoo is actually quite well-known as a very good zoo and one of the innovators of exhibits through which multiple species rotate. They also play a role in breeding black-footed ferrets and helping with their conservation. Their master plan is interesting with its plans for shark and crocodile exhibits. I've not had an opportunity to visit the zoo, but it is on my list of zoos to visit someday.

Nate Brother and BigNate like this.
  3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome!

Nate Brother likes this.
  4. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat!

Nate Brother likes this.