Join our zoo community

IZES Status?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SMR, 15 Mar 2010.

1. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what's going on with the Independent Zoo Enthusiasts Society?

The website - Independent Zoo Enthusiasts Society - has been down for a while now. The account has been suspended, hopefully not because someone has forgotten to pay the bills.

2. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Not sure about the website but the society's alive and kicking - it had it's spring meeting and collector's fair this last Sunday at the British Wildlife Centre (and a very good day it was too!).

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member 10+ year member

IZES-Central is aware of the problem! Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

4. Baldur

Baldur Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, so far, there is hardly anything on the website apart from the shop, which currently has only two books. But even if the society itself is 15 years old, the website is still only in its infancy so let's wait a bit longer. In the meantime, SMR, if you're interested, the Bartlett Society has a splendid and very informative website:

Zoo History

5. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Thanks all - somehow I'd forgotten about the collector's fair, which is dumb since I was talking to a fellow member about it last week.

I'm a member of both the Bartlett Society and IZES, so it's good to hear the site hiccup is only temporary.

6. robmv

robmv Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The website is back up and running now.

7. tim b

tim b Well-Known Member

Sorry folks i was away when the hosting fee was due and still cant believe that its a year since i paid it,as many of you might know i arent exactly computer-friendly,however im sorting it out for someone other than me to keep on top of it as i must admit it does very nicely by and large.The guide to british zoos has been a reasonable success,even if ive had a problem getting it into shops [mainly through lack of time] but regarding spin-offs we now have no shortage of requests from zoos to do written projects for them, so it has been a winner even if ive no idea how im going to fit it all in!Am working now on the next IZES newsletter which should be mid-april.Thank you and goodnight!