Join our zoo community

July Photo Showcasing

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 1 Jul 2020.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/july-photo-showcasing.33/

Happy July my friends! I hope you and your families are doing, stay healthy and socially distant :D It’s that time again and same ground rules as before for the showcasing:

1. 4 entries per month.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring such as an animal butt as said before.
    5. To have the photos be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same big cat or pachyderm won’t be taken into consideration but you can enter the same photo of the big cat or pachyderm the following month along with 3 other different subjects.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description or by adding tags.

Now that a good amount of zoos and aquariums are opening up, with restrictions, I’ll be going out more as I assume many of you will be. Please just be safe, watch out for one another, and let the photographing bonanza begin! :p

Last edited: 1 Jul 2020
    Arizona Docent and ZooBinh like this.
  2. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

A side note for those living in California, this was said by Gavin Newsom via Twitter “indoor operations” are to close in zoos and museums among others. These are the affected areas just FYI:

- Contra Costa
    - Fresno
    - Glenn
    - Imperial
    - Kern
    - Kings
    - LA
    - Merced
    - Orange
    - Riverside
    - Sacramento
    - San Bernardino