Join our zoo community

Kirsko Film Agency

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by ZYBen, 18 Dec 2007.

1. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Mar 2010
  2. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Do they really have a female african elephant or is that the one that was at the school she trained at in the states?

3. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

i'm not sure.

4. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

most of the pictures on that website are from a school that teaches you how to be an animal trainer in the states, including the black leopard.

5. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

ok, well they are in aust and judging from some of the names on the list of clients there are many australia adverts, tv shows and companies

6. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

I believe that most their stuff may have been overseas, i am beginning to question the credit of who informed me about them. but then there is still the evidence on their site

7. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Kirsko Film Agency is a very highly principled and reputable animal talent agency. It is run by a lady with a veterinary background who is more concerned about the welfare of the animals that she represents than she is about the dollar. A couple of years ago she was awarded a Churchill scholarship to go to the USA to study animal training methods over there and she is constantly working to ensure that animals that she places on film sites etc are treated according to world's best practice.

Her clients range from one off jobs to multi-national companies and her range of available animals is a global one - hence the pictures on her website are of animals located all over the world. Despite some of the claims made on this forum, she owns NO exotic animals herself.

8. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

thanks for that steve,

9. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Hi Steve

Does she have any primates she accesses? I have no objections to animals who work for a living as long as they are well cared for as it is very enriching for them usually, but primates used in the film and entertainment industry can often end in tears. Does she use chimps at all?

10. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Primates

G'day Jo,

There are a number of primates available for film and TV advertising work here in Australia and Kirsten, as well as the other agencies, has access to them. Most of the available animals are macaques or capuchins but there is one Chimpanzee in regular work.

All the primates available in this country are circus or trained zoo animals so their ongoing future is assured once their show business "career" is over.

11. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Are you able to tell me which zoo/s? I assume the chimp is in private hands, but curious about which zoo would have monkeys they have trained. They would have to be private zoos as well I guess. I am interested in finding out about training methods as I need to condition the monkeys I am involved in for various things. I am hoping to visit some agencies in the US that train capuchins for disabled people as well to get some first hand experience at working with non zoo display primates.