Join our zoo community

Lifers, Lab Notebooks, and Dorm Room Living: Dyl’s Adventure Zooing in College

Discussion in 'United States' started by Dyl0526, 16 Dec 2022.

1. Dyl0526

Dyl0526 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Introduction: I Made It

Welp I did it everyone, I (barely) passed my first semester of college! For those who don’t know, I am from Massachusetts but I decided to go to a school about an hour away from Philadelphia. Now this was a big change for me, being 290 miles away from my family, but I was able to overcome this. I made lots of friends, I learned how to be independent, and most of all I visited a lot of zoos. I was lucky enough to be able to bring my car on campus with me, meaning I could go to any zoo I wanted, as long as I felt like driving. I visited some of the best of the best and the worst of the worst. Now that I’m home and I have some free time on my hands I thought I’d tell y’all about them.

From late August to early December I visited 16 zoos across the states of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. I hope to make this thread like ones by @snowleopard and @Coelacanth18 (big thanks to them for writing such great threads), but by no means do I want to copy them, so I’ll try to put my own spin and personality into this.

I will be mentioning the zoos in question in the order I visited them. So enough of me blabbering on, time to start our adventure. I hope y’all enjoy both the good and bad experiences I endured, let's dive into Lifers, Lab notebooks, and Dorm Room Living: Dyl’s Adventure Zooing in College.

2. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

I sense another amazing ZooChat thread in the future. I'm looking forward to your reviews. :)