Join our zoo community

Make the Mountain Lion America's National Cat

Discussion in 'Websites about Zoos & Animal Conservation' started by Am.LionCampaign, 22 Jun 2013.

1. Am.LionCampaign

Am.LionCampaign New Member

I am attempting to make the mountain lion america's national cat thereby ensuring its survival in America! Check out my website to learn more and to follow me and my brother as we travel across the country filming a documentary that features zoos that have mountain lions!

You can visit the website at American Lion Campaign | Making the Mountain Lion America's National Cat and if you would like to go straight to the petition and sign then go to Make the Mountain Lion America's National Cat Petition.

We need 100,000 signatures for congress to take a look at it! Help change the future for the mountain lion!

2. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I thought there was no doubt about its survival, as it is expanding its range and numbers.

3. Am.LionCampaign

Am.LionCampaign New Member

While the western mountain lion is, in fact, doing well, the eastern mountain lion was declared extinct in 2011 (population numbers are too small to be considered viable) and the Florida panther is endangered. If you take a look at my website, my last post actually discusses some of the concerns and issues with repopulation of the Midwest and eastern states.

It is an issue of concern and isn't as clear cut as a lot of people think it is.