Join our zoo community

Miniature Animal Figure Collection

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by ollielloyd, 3 Oct 2009.

1. Bisonfan

Bisonfan Well-Known Member

@Kakapo i was wondering if it would be possible for you to add pictures of all of your collection

2. Ituri

Ituri Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Is that a custom made Dingiso with the Cassowary?

3. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

@Bisonfan yes of course, here you have:

P1430518.jpg
    P1430519.jpg
    P1430520.jpg
    P1430522.jpg

As you can see, my collecton give the term "Overcrowded" a new meaning, haha. And I still need more and more and more despite having no space for one single figure more :p

@Ituri yes it is, I put my New Guinean animals together for the photo :)

4. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

5. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

290 :)

IndianRhino and Great Argus like this.
  6. Great Argus

Wow, you and I are almost tied! I have 282, but hopefully by the end of the week a box should arrive and bring me up to 292!

I should note however I'm excluding my homemade ones from that number as a few of them are experiencing structural issues and I'm not real happy with some of them the longer I look at them. If they're included that's another 36 which would bring my total up to 328.
    (I have largely figured out my mistakes on the figures though, and am contemplating getting some more clay and trying again.)

Bisonfan and IndianRhino like this.
  7. Bisonfan

thank you! that is a great collection. i think i will be posting some pictures of mine soon, i think i have around 125 but i need to count them.

8. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Well-Known Member

Judging by this thread I’ll assume that I’m not a total freak, as I have a decent sized collection (creating a dust collection of their own) in my living room.

Bisonfan likes this.
  9. Great Argus

Nope, otherwise too many people in this thread would be freaks. Which we are not. ;)

10. WhistlingKite24

WhistlingKite24 Well-Known Member 10+ year member Premium Member

New additions received or acquired over the holiday season. Also a note to say that Southlands Replicas is shutting down so if you’d ever wanted some of those figurines now is the final chance to get some of their models directly [Southlands Replicas | Australia | Free Shipping Available]. However, they have been working with Mojo and a handful of their models are now 2022 releases (Perentie notably)

upload_2022-1-11_13-55-49.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-11_13-56-2.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-11_13-56-17.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-11_13-56-31.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-11_13-56-42.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-11_13-56-53.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-11_13-57-6.jpeg

11. Great Argus

I just learned of this a little bit ago, l just picked up the gray Kangaroo a couple days ago via an order from them. I really want their Red Kangaroo but both times I've ordered from Minizoo they weren't available... :( Maybe Mojo will bring that model back so I can snag it, I'll have to pick up the Perentie that way.

WhistlingKite24 likes this.
  12. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Nice new haul! Southlands already shutted down completely last year, it started doing long ago. That's why I hurried up near end of 2020 buying the remaning Southland figures I wanted on Minizoo before they turn impossible to find. A much discussed surprise for 2022 is the fact Mojo is saving at least some models of the brand - the perentie, Tasmanian devil and a couple of horses-. However the Mojo paintjob for these figures is much worst than the original Southlands one, notably in the perentie. Maybe other figures from this brand will be saved from Mojo, in collector's circles there is much expectation about if the never released Southlands saltwater crocodile will be released by Mojo but I don't think it's very probable.

This black rhino is very dynamic and very well done. The king vulture and old favourite of many. My collection still lacks an American black bear and this one could fit very well. The new Schleich manatee is in fact in my wishlist and I hope to get my hands in it. And the barbary sheep is the only of your figures that I have - as all CollectA hoofstock, it's a masterpiece.

13. Bisonfan

Hi, today i have for all of you, i was looking at some prices of my old mini figures and was shocked to realise that some of them are worth nearly a hundred dollars. anyways i was wondering how you guys store them with limited space (mine are just crammed into a small bin sadly so im looking for new ideas).

14. Great Argus

Where were you looking and what figures? Because typically most of them are not worth that afaik.
    Mine are currently between a shelf, some boxes, and a dresser drawer. They have all been in boxes at times.

Bisonfan likes this.
  15. Bisonfan

Ok thanks for your storage ideas, and ya I did some more research and realized they probably aren’t worth the amount but they were retired so they don’t have a set price. It might have been a scam

16. Bisonfan

This is also another question, who is your guy’s favourite distributor (I don’t know what else to call it ) ex. Safari Ltd, schleich, papo

17. Great Argus

Retired figures do command a higher price for rarity, but over $100 apiece is pretty steep.

The most represented brand in my collection is Safari, but as far as favorite I'm stuck between Papo and CollectA for detail and quality.

Bisonfan likes this.
  18. Bisonfan

nice, how many do you have in your collection?

19. Great Argus

Uh... it's posted near the top of the page right under Kakapo's number? You're the next post after mine even...

Bisonfan and IndianRhino like this.
  20. Bisonfan

oh, sorry i didn't see that.