Join our zoo community

Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre Monkey World: Pavilion Chimps

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DenApe, 2 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. DenApe

DenApe Active Member

When looking at Paddy's former group its hard not to keep looking around for Paddy himself even though its been a year since his passing. What a magnificent chimpanzee he was...the biggest I've ever known. More like a gorilla really. The question on everyone's mind is has a new alpha emerged? Normally when an alpha dies the number 2 takes over....in this case the fun-loving, soon to be about 38, Busta. Has Busta taken charge of the females or is he still establishing himself? Gamba is the third oldest of the remaining males and I doubt he'll take over. Bart at only 10 is obviously still too young and the lovely, placid Micky is unlikely either. It really falls to Busta but has he stepped up?

2. katti4493

katti4493 Active Member

I'm not sure. It seems there was also some talk (maybe just on here) of moving Paco over from the Bachelors, but I didn't hear what happened with that.

3. DenApe

DenApe Active Member

Paco would be a good option if they do decide to put in some of the bachelor chimps into Paddy's former group. He is still in his prime at about 27 this year and has lived with females before. I believe he has the skills to lead. Another good option would be Buxom who, once separated from the mischievous half sibling of his, could settle down into being a responsible alpha. He does have the size. I'm beyond curious of what's happening.