Join our zoo community

Montreal Insectarium

Discussion in 'Canada' started by snowleopard, 23 Mar 2019.

1. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

2. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

On April 13th, 2022, the insectarium announced it reopened its doors to the public for the first time since March 2019.

登录 Facebook

On September 9th, the insectarium announced they acquired a new species for the facility, giant red-winged grasshoppers.

登录 Facebook

On October 8th, the insectarium announced they acquired (0.0.8) glasswing butterflies which are now on exhibit in the Great Vivarium area.

登录 Facebook

On November 12th, the insectarium announced they acquired a new species, the Madagascar giant swallowtail which is now on exhibit in the Great Vivarium area.

登录 Facebook

On November 24th, the insectarium announced that they acquired a (0.0.1) luna moth which is now on exhibit in the Great Vivarium area.

登录 Facebook

On January 9th, 2023, the insectarium announced they acquired 2 specimens of the newly discovered beetle Eupholus porioni into their scientific collection.

登录 Facebook

ifesbob, Dassie rat and Haliaeetus like this.
  3. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

4. antilio capra

antilio capra Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what species of live insects they house, this place seems quite intresting. The only species I'm aware of are the species above, orchid mantis, blue morpho, monarch, umtali flower beetle, goliathus-goliathus, black beauty insects, frog beetles and some sort of blue stick insect. I apologize if I ask too many questions

5. Zoo adventures

Zoo adventures Well-Known Member

They have a lot of different species of butterflies. They have also Halloween hissing cockroaches and Jungle Nymphs. They also have a colony of ants. That is all I remember.

antilio capra likes this.