Join our zoo community

Open Moving Photos From "Other" Gallery

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by snowleopard, 27 Jan 2017.

1. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Due to the fact that there weren't any new galleries added to ZooChat for more than a year, quite a few members uploaded photos into the "Other" gallery in their nation of choice. For example, I uploaded a few hundred photos into "Canada - Other" or "United States - Other". However, now that many new zoos have been added to this forum it was easy enough for me to go into "Canada - Other" and "United States - Other" and shift all of those photos into the proper gallery for the designated zoo. For example, all of my photos in regards to the Olympic Game Farm in Washington, USA, are now into the section for that particular facility and there were many more zoos where I moved photos.

It would be great if others followed suit as there are some zoos that don't have any photos but in reality there might be loads of photos of that particular zoo hidden away in an "Other" gallery. It is remarkably easy to click on the photos that you have previously uploaded and then shift them into the zoo of your choice and it helps clean up many of the photo threads. Cheers!

TeaLovingDave likes this.
  2. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

I've just done this. :)

I had a few hundred pictures in 'other' galleries from various zoos on three continents that I visited last year, and I've moved them all to their own newly created galleries. It's not nearly as time consuming as I would have thought.

3. zooboy28

zooboy28 Well-Known Member

Thanks @snowleopard and @LaughingDove, I hope other members will follow suit, I think @vogelcommando has moved a lot of his photos in this way too.

Perhaps if you notice other members who have photos in the "other" galleries after a new gallery has been created you could tag them here so they realise it is possible to do themselves.

FYI: To move photos between galleries, use the "move" button at the top of a photo.

4. Astrobird

Astrobird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I found this thread last week, and have now also moved quite a few photos - it certainly is easy. One tip I found that helped me, was to open several (as many as I could have open at once) photos in separate tabs at once, then work through moving them, rather than one at a time and having to scroll back to different galleries all the time. I've done Wings Wildlife Park and Caversham Wildlife park in the Australia gallery.

5. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

You don't have to open each individual photo to move it. If you go to the media page and the 'your content' tab at the top, then by clicking where it says 'selected media items' you can tick 'select all' and move a whole page of pictures together.

devilfish and snowleopard like this.
  6. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips. I've now moved all of my 2016 photos (several hundred images) to the new galleries. I'm not sure how helpful that'll be given the relative difficulty in accessing the galleries, but the tools and functions allowing me to do it myself are among the many improvements of the site's reincarnation.