Join our zoo community

Multiple zoo visits in a day (the UK)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stubeanz, 28 Jul 2015.

1. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

Yes - that was exactly my point - not zoo visiting in one particular way doesn't make you any less of a zoo nerd, as long as it's what you enjoy! :)

And I think there are a few around who do seem to visit zoos that will only cause them to moan - and certainly some who seem to only log in to ZooChat in order to moan! :p

2. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

My 'self graded B' was (as we agree now) in comparison to the Zoochatters who are 'mad for it' so to speak :)

As for those who choose to log into moan, it's not my cup of tea, but they can provide entertaining post reading at times. As for Dr. Who forums, I'll leave you with those :D:p

3. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

I've recently had a couple of incorrect opening times on UK zoo websites cut short a few of my multi - zoo trips:

Blackpool Sea Life: listed as closing at 8pm on the day of my visit. I arrived at 5.30pm to find it had apparently closed at 4.

Anglesey Sea Zoo: the fault is mine here. The website states " We are open daily from 10am... with the site closing at 5.30pm.

We'll be open in November from 10am to 3pm every day"

I thought I'd got my information so despite repeated checks, I didn't read the second line until I was on Anglesey late in the afternoon earlier in November.

Hoo Farm Animal Kingdom: listed as closing at 5pm daily on the website, I arrived at 3.05pm yesterday to find that it apparently closes at 4 pm and last entry is at 3. They kindly let me in anyway.

I can't really understand why a zoo which wants visitors wouldn't update their website, or wouldn't advertise the correct opening times. In the case of Anglesey sea zoo it's my fault for not reading thoroughly, but it still could have been clearer* (as on many other websites).