Join our zoo community

New To The Site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Conservation Station, 23 Jul 2018.

1. Conservation Station

Conservation Station Member

Hey guys! I just joined yesterday and was addressed upon the fact that I hadn't posted an introduction. So here it is...
    I am a high school student in the U.S. I am very passionate about conserving species that are being faced with the threat of extinction. I am fascinated with animals and am by no means an expert yet. I love to visit zoological institutions for educational purposes as well as for taking pictures. I hope to one day become a curator or director of a zoo. I know that this is a highly competitive field, however, this is my passion and something I will enjoy doing for the rest of my life. I'd hope to change the standards for zoos across the country by focusing on conservation efforts, enrichment, creating a realistic habitat, and finally appealing to the visitors and the general public. I'm glad that I've finally registered on here instead of just browsing without a profile, lol. I hope that I can become educated as well as help to educate others in the process as we all share a common interest of animals and zoos in general.
    Have a blessed day.

2. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome!

3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat!

4. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat!

5. Daktari JG

Daktari JG Well-Known Member 10+ year member