Join our zoo community

New Zoo Animated Show: Adventure Beast

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Smaggledagle, 22 Sep 2021.

1. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

About:

The adult animated series follows a brave zoologist, his spunky niece, and an anxious assistant exploring the world while saving wild beasts. The series premieres October 22 on Netflix.

What Netflix says:

At its core and simply put, this is a question and answer format about wildlife. But, this is the oddest, most bizarre, most unconventional one you’ll ever see. Bradley takes on all kinds of questions about life in the animal kingdom, answering each with hilarious, unexpected facts that he knows like the back of his hand. In doing so, he provides plenty of human takeaway so we can live better lives. But, how he gets asked each question and how he answers each on Beastify is what makes it so quirky and so completely different from every nature show.

Here's a link to the show's trailer:

2. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

ok well the title is a bit misleading, it's a show about a zoologist but as far as I can tell no zoo

sorry about that.

3. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Akay so I just watched the first episode of the show and I sort of found it meh. While I do appreciate that some animals, including background animals, seem (not are) accurate such as cattle egret, thick-billed raven, and ethiopian wolf, I feel like there are other animals that have design errors such as the geladas (miscoloured), mountain nyala (miscoloured), and cape buffalo (they were drawn without ears).

I don't have enough animal smarts to know whether if the trivia Grieve (who I just found out that is a real person voice acting himself) mention are actually real. But I do feel a bit skeptical. Obviously, this show is not an accurate represantation of field work and for some reason, that bothers me.

I also don't enjoy the fact that Grieve is somehow able to survive getting kicked by a zebra, having a jeep falling on him, being clawed by lions, and get stung by bees while death is a thing in this series since he had assistants left and right. I also don't get Grieve's obsession with wearing animal onesies.

incase of tl;dr : I found it meh. The credit was sort of interesting but that's it.

StoppableSan likes this.