Join our zoo community

Norfolk

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by cliffxdavis, 20 May 2018.

1. cliffxdavis

cliffxdavis Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I am off the Norfolk later this month for a week.
    While the obvious answer is 7 days means you can see 7 collections (at least), the fact is I am not going alone so only one seems likely.
    I am drawn to Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens as I like small cat species and Saltwater Crocs. More unusual or unique collections also appeal. Any other suggestions?

2. Badgerman91

Badgerman91 Well-Known Member

Being from Suffolk (and having a distinct lack of collections in the area, so Norfolk & Essex Collections I visit regularly throughout the year!)

Amazona zoo in Cromer is a nice small collection based around South American animals. You also have Banham Zoo (Near Diss) & Africa Alive (Near Lowestoft) and also the two Sealife Centres (Great Yarmouth & Hunstanston).

If you can only visit one then Thigby Hall would be my preferred choice and is also a personal favourite! You wouldnt need all day but it is a nice size. They have recently improved their Amur Leopard Enclosure and when I visited last month a keeper informed me their female snow leopard was due to give birth (which has been unofficially confirmed on Facebook by a visitor)

cliffxdavis likes this.