Join our zoo community

United Kingdom One ticket - Tour at NHM Tring

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by Crowthorne, 1 Apr 2017.

Tags:
  1. Crowthorne

Crowthorne Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I now have one ticket going spare to a tour of the NHM Museum at Tring tomorrow afternoon (Sunday 2nd April) before the museum is open to the public. Sorry this is so very short notice, the circumstances were very unforeseen. I am still planning on going, I'm just looking for a new plus one. If you're interested, please PM me ASAP, otherwise the spare ticket is going to my sister, who freely admits to finding taxidermy creepy! I'm sure that a Zoochatter would be much more appreciative :)

2. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Did anyone manage to take you up on that ticket, @Crowthorne? How was the tour? Did you visit any areas which aren't normally open to the public? :)

3. Crowthorne

Crowthorne Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Hi @devilfish no, nobody wanted it and unfortunately on the day I couldn't make it either in the end :( but rereading the outline it looks like it was just a tour of the galleries, nothing behind the scenes. I go to Tring reasonably often though, practically know the galleries backwards now :)

4. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Never been to Tring myself, very much hope to someday.

5. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Thanks - sorry to hear you missed out! There are enough treasures on-show to keep my attention for days, but I'd love to see some of the off-show highlights at some point too. :)