Join our zoo community

Open Invitation from ZooBorns

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by ableiman, 19 Dec 2008.

1. ableiman

ableiman Member

I run ZooBorns, a site devoted to newborn animals at AZA and WAZA accredited zoos and aquariums. While most of the stories we get come directly from zoo PR folks, we are getting an increasing amount of outstanding photography directly from independent photographers. We are of course happy to provide credit and link to whatever site you would like us to. While timely pics of newborns are best, we also sometimes run older photographs on slow news days.

I also would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks!

Andrew B

zooborns [at] gmail.com

2. zoospud

zoospud Well-Known Member

We have added a link.

A very well presented website.

Well done.

I will try and encourage a few more UK collections to email you !

Regards, Paul M < Zoo History >.

3. ZOOLION

ZOOLION Member

i've noticed that u don't always put every baby born on there. e.g: colchester zoo have had wolf cubs and lemurs and they rn't on there.

4. ZooBorns

ZooBorns New Member

Hi Zoolion,

While we would love to cover more babies we are limited by a few things:

#1 Time. Both Chris and Andrew (me) have day jobs so we can only do so much research and post so many babies each day.

#2 Good quality pictures or video. Zoo nerds like us love any and all zoo news, but most of our readers love the site for the captivating images. If the site was just a lot of text and grainy images, it would be a lot less interesting to most of the public.

#3 Hearing about the births in the first place. Many zoos and aquariums go out of their way to keep us informed but many do not. A lot of new births fall through the cracks because we never hear about them, despite our constant efforts to monitor the news for new announcements.

Hope this addresses your concerns. When you learn about new births, feel free to contact us directly and we will reach out to the zoo or aquariums PR team. We can be reached at submissions [at] zooborns [dot] com