Join our zoo community

Opt-out of forum updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simon Hampel, 7 Sep 2006.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

If you find the posts in some forums of little value (eg the news feed forums) and prefer to only view topics started by humans - I've implemented a new feature allowing you to opt-out of forums for the New Posts / Today's Posts searches.

This can also be applied to any other forums (eg. the Zoo Cafe).

The main use for this would be when you've opted to have News feeds forums included in search results, but then decide that you don't like one of the feeds ... this way, you can explicitly exclude that forum from the search results, while still showing the the other feeds.

To opt-out of a forum, you need to go to your User Control Panel, then to the "Edit Options" section, scroll right down the bottom to the "Miscellaneous Options" area, and you should see a new option called Exclude Forums from "Get New Posts".

Simply hold the CTRL key while selecting any forums you want to hide from New Posts searches.

See the image below for an example of hiding the news forums.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jul 2009
  2. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

thanks sim. i think i got it workin so it cuts out the news stuff.

3. RowanGreen

RowanGreen Well-Known Member

Is there any way of opting out of getting emails from threads I've posted on. It's driving me nuts! Yes, I've figured out I can unsubscribe each time, but I'd rather not have to do that on every visit.