Join our zoo community

Orangutan Exhibit

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Courtney, 14 Sep 2017.

1. Courtney

Courtney New Member

For one of my exhibit design classes I have to make a mini model exhibit for an orangutan(s) I was looking for some ideas or inspiration. For the project funding is unlimited and needs to be as creative as possible. I also have to describe why I did what I did. Just looking for some inspiration.

2. Courtney

Courtney New Member

For one of my exhibit design classes I have to make a mini model exhibit for an orangutan(s) I was looking for some ideas or inspiration. For the project funding is unlimited and needs to be as creative as possible. I also have to describe why I did what I did. Just looking for some inspiration.

3. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You can look at pictures of orangutan exhibits from around the world in the Media section. The Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, Singapore Zoo, and Smithsonian National Zoo with its O-Line have influential orangutan exhibits. The Indianapolis Zoo has a controversial orangutan exhibit that would be worth looking at.

Good luck with your project.

4. Komodo99

Komodo99 Well-Known Member

Chester Zoo has one of the best Orang-utan enclosures in the UK if you felt like taking foreign zoos into consideration.The Sumatran Orangs have a better enclosure than the Bornean Orangs in my personal opinion but they are both equally brilliant as a general standpoint.

5. Water Dragon

Water Dragon Well-Known Member

If you type in "Realm of the Red Ape" into google you will probably be able to find it on Zoolex which will show you the layout of the exhibit and everything.

6. DragonDust101

DragonDust101 Well-Known Member