Join our zoo community

Parque de Cotia (new zoo in São Paulo)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by David Matos Mendes, 24 Mar 2021.

1. Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

By the way, I'd recommend introducing yourself on New Member Introductions. Lastly, do you speak Portuguese? If so, we have a Whatsapp group with most Brazilian ZooChatters on it. So, if you want to join it, give me a call.

Kenzo Reis Tatizawa likes this.
  2. David Matos Mendes

David Matos Mendes Well-Known Member

Interesting. I guess you must be right then. The collection of the Animalia is going to be way larger than that, I suspect. Specially considering all the species already confirmed.

Kenzo Reis Tatizawa likes this.
  3. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

hey guys, i'm back with good news, the park's black jaguar will get a mate from pará, with the hopes they can breed and guarantee the species's conservation.

David Matos Mendes likes this.
  4. Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Hello, how did you find this out?

5. BetoYoung

just searched on google, using the word jaguar in portuguese, it is in the estado de minas site.

6. BetoYoung

hey guys, i have some informations, according to a twitter's account called secretaria de turismo e viagens de são paulo, a new video about the animalia park is available right now, in this video they showed some new things about the park, the animalia park now has received cougars to their collection, new waterfowls has been adeed to the park and the maned wolves are in their enclosure.

Nix likes this.
  7. David Matos Mendes

All these animals were already there since at least last November, and afaik, the maned wolves were already on their definitive exhibit since at least July of 2021.

8. BetoYoung

oh really? i guess i wasn't aware about this.

9. BetoYoung

hey guys, i have some awesome news, looks like the park is about to be inaugurated, according to the informations i got, it's very likely to be open in the end of this month or in july's first week, there are also new videos on youtube, and there's a video by the channel itechdrones, where it shows everything about the park, the gorilla exhibit got some climbing frames, some african ungulates are already in display, and now we just need to wait for the inauguration.

carlos55 likes this.
  10. Matrin71

Matrin71 Active Member

they acquired gemsboks and aoudads, the hyenas are already in the park too.

11. BetoYoung

really? i didn't see the hyenas, do you have some images of these animals? if not, then no problems, it's good to know they are in the park.

12. Matrin71

Matrin71 Active Member

I don't have pictures but take a look at this last video of the Itechdrones, if you pay close attention you can see them in the video.the gemsbok is close to the wildebeest, while the aoudads are close to the zebras and the nile lechwe (I even think they came from the beto carrero). the hyena enclosure seems to be still under construction, but you can see one running in part of the video.

13. BetoYoung

alright, i'm gonna check it.

14. BetoYoung

ok, i did, that's amazing to see more animals in the park.

15. BetoYoung

hey guys, i've got some awesome news, the park has shared today the day of the official inauguration, it is set to be open on july 7th, the park now has received meerkats, pied tamarins and bactrian camels as well, and the price has been revealed, it will cost 180 reais, it will be kinda expensive. the official number of species that will be in display was also revealed, the park will have 1200 animals of 170 different species from 4 continents.

16. BetoYoung

Also, it was announced that the park will be divided in three sections: forest, reserve and fun.
    The forest part will be an aviary with 654 bird species of 112 different species, where you will be able to walk in a big path and you will see other animals like lowland tapirs, brocket deer and spider monkeys.
    The reserve part will be the part of the zoo and it will have the representation of the 4 continents(which includes africa, asia, american and oceanian) and seeks to bring the most modern in terms of animal conservation in the world.
    The fun part will be the part of the amusement park where there will be many toys and attractions to people enjoy it and have great memories to their lives.

Nix likes this.
  17. David Matos Mendes

First thing I have to say: 180 reais is an astronomically high price. Second: You mean 654 individuals of 112 different species of birds, am I correct?

18. BetoYoung

yeah, sorry i think i confused myself. yes, that's it, that's what i wanted to say.

David Matos Mendes likes this.
  19. BetoYoung

what's up guys, i've got some awesome news, the animalia park officialy inaugurated its official site, now we can acess all informations about the park, including prices and attractions. I have to say that i'm impressed about the map, and i can't believe the park is the first brazilian zoo to have striped hyenas, it's also confirmed that mandrills will be added to the park as well, i'm looking forward to see more animals being added to the collection like elephants, pelicans, crocodiles, cheetahs,chimps, orangutans, gibbons and more.

Last edited: 27 Jun 2023
  20. Kenzo Reis Tatizawa

Kenzo Reis Tatizawa Member

Hey Matrin71, sorry to ask, but where are all these animals, like the lemurs or koalas?
    I would like to know where did you get all this information, thank you very much.