Join our zoo community

Pins, Patches, and Buttons

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Imperator Furiosa, 15 Mar 2019.

1. Imperator Furiosa

Imperator Furiosa Well-Known Member

I was wondering, does anyone else here collect pins, patches, or buttons from zoos? I decided to start this year since I want a souvenir to remember all the facilities I've been to (used to collect tickets and maps but I have a bad habit of misplacing them), plus I've been collecting them from conventions and other places I visit for a couple years so I figure why not.
    What facilities do you have pins or patches from? Anyone open to pin swaps and trades?

Here are the three I have so far:
    [​IMG]

2. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm glad Lincoln Park and Brookfield decided to focus on rare species for their pins rather than ABC crowd pleasers.

3. Zoo guide books

Zoo guide books Member 5+ year member

I have a large collection of badges, pins and patches about 1200 plus with some duplicates if you would like to trade?

PaulaKoala likes this.
  4. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I've started collecting pins for my bag, with a focus on cheetahs. I currently only have 2 zoo ones - Smithsonian, and then a vintage one I found on Etsy for Wildlife Safari. I've also added a Kakapo (World Parrot Trust) and a Saiga (Saiga Conservation Alliance). I always buy a magnet, though, and have one for every zoo/aquarium I've been to in the last decade, except for Denver Aquarium (I had to get back to the airport and the gift shop line was long :( )

5. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala Active Member 10+ year member

I love to collect pins from all of the zoos I visit. I also have a lot of patches, T shirts and Shot glasses. Would love to see photos of your pins.

6. pichu

pichu Well-Known Member

i have a few pins from animal kingdom and the lodge