Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo for XBox

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by SpinyLiving, 26 Dec 2019.

1. SpinyLiving

SpinyLiving Well-Known Member

While all of you are talking about game issues and bugs, I'm just crossing my fingers and praying to god that we (the Xbox community) get a port of the game. I do NOT want to keep playing the awful piece of code known as Zoo Tycoon Xbox Edition. For those who don't know it's Planet Zoo but all of the enclosures are premade (with the exception of the enrichments). There is no room for creative expression. There was also a strange desire for every species and subspecies every specific animal type during development, which is how we ended up with 9 different species of agputis, 12 different species of antelope, and no zebras. Also, the bird enclosures are literally just trees. No wiring, no mesh, just a tree. The birds can just fly right out.

Van Beal, evilmonkey239 and Zoofan15 like this.
  2. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Don't you dare talk smack about ZT Xbox, that is my favorite Xbox game

3. SpinyLiving

I actually can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic.

evilmonkey239 likes this.
  4. Daubentoniidae

Daubentoniidae Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I agree. I hope this is sarcasm!

5. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It is not... you may kill me now

6. Junklekitteb

Junklekitteb Well-Known Member

RIP @Ebirah766
    Whenever he was born to Whatever today's date is

evilmonkey239 likes this.
  7. evilmonkey239

evilmonkey239 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Zoo Tycoon for the Xbox wasn’t a terrible game, it just had far less creative freedom than the previous ZT games and now Planet Zoo.
    I think that it might be a good game for younger kids (I quite enjoyed it when I was 10), it just ain’t for the Zoo tycoon and general management simulation fans.

Bisonblake and SpinyLiving like this.
  8. Daubentoniidae

Daubentoniidae Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think it was good because of all the different types of animals you got and because they all looked pretty realistic, it's just the exhibits were terrible - too small and no creativity, not to mention extremely low barriers that the animals could easily climb out of though I liked the designs of them, it's just you couldn't do anything with them.

One of the other good things was being able to go into the zookeeper mode and walk around the zoo, this was one of Zoo Tycoon 2's best features and definitely something Planet Zoo should implement.

Also, does anyone think that there still need to be more sandbox settings (like Jurassic World Evolution)?

9. SivatheriumGuy

SivatheriumGuy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Zoo Tycoon for Xbox IS a terrible game compared to the good zoo "tycooning" games. Apart from that, you can quite enjoy it.

10. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Zoo Tycoon Xbox was the most simplistic Zoo Tycoon to date. Considering it was released over a decade after Zoo Tycoon 1, I expected far more from it. For a young kid, it’s probably quite a fun game; but personally, it only had enough content to keep me entertained for a day or two.

The zoo limit was extremely annoying. The lack of species was ridiculous; the abundance of subspecies was equally ridiculous (but for the opposite reason); and there was no room for creativity.

Breeding was hard work. Females couldn’t get pregnant after giving birth, unless you saved and exited out; and nothing could breed after 15 levels. One would think that represented the end of it’s life but no, nothing ever died. You could then release it and the animal could magically breed again.

You were advised the bull elephant you released (that now has great great great grandchildren at post reproductive age in your zoo) has been seen with it’s mate and child in the wild. Who knew bull elephants made such attentive fathers? While the tigers happily joined social groups in the wild upon their release. :p

I also never bothered with mini exhibits. Many required a population of three for social reasons; yet the capacity of the exhibit was three animals, so you could never breed them. :rolleyes:

11. SpinyLiving

For me, the mini exhibits and breeding where the only thing that brought even a bit of happiness to me. The mini exhibits are a lot like the exhibits in Planet Zoo, even though there is no interaction, it's still pretty neat to have a terrarium of Brazilian Wandering Spiders in your zoo. While Planet Zoo sacrificed animations for breeding and other interesting bits, ZTX sacrificed interesting bits for animations. And while I completely agree with you about the breeding situation, it could have been handled way better, I loved that you could get "mutations" with your animals by breeding them. I still remember when my two Central American Jaguars produced my favorite ZTX animal I ever had in the game, a albino which I named Ghost. While breeding was hard, there was a sense of satisfaction whenever you managed to breed a "mutated" creature.

Van Beal, evilmonkey239 and Zoofan15 like this.
  12. Junklekitteb

Junklekitteb Well-Known Member

I believe there is a cheat/Easter egg carried over from planet coaster that allows you to do this, just rename a staff 'tegidcam' and you get transferred to first person view.
    That being said, for people who don't know about that, it would make sense to implement this as a full on feature.

evilmonkey239 and SpinyLiving like this.
  13. Van Beal

Van Beal Well-Known Member

I hope that one of two things happens in the future.
    1. We get Planet Zoo for Xbox. Simple as that.
    2. A game like Planet Zoo, with the creative freedom it allows, gets announced and we can finally have a more creative zoo game than ZTX (love the game but desperately need a way to be more creative)