Join our zoo community

Planet Zoo Planet Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by TNT, 24 Apr 2019.

1. BetoYoung

BetoYoung Well-Known Member

oh i see, thank you for explaining me.

2. Corangurilla

Corangurilla Well-Known Member

I guess a better way of saying that is "South American Coati is Tropical, White-Nosed Coati is Tropical/Temperate". Either way, I'm team White-Nosed for more varied habitat potential (and Arizona native bias).

3. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I was thinking the same thing about multiple species, because honestly, there are some birds where you can just make one model and then do recolors and minor alterations to produce multiple species, ha ha.

JigerofLemuria likes this.
  4. JigerofLemuria

JigerofLemuria Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Exactly! The enrichment can all be the same too really, and if they can do it for butterflies, they really don't have any excuse now. I just wish they had started doing this a long time ago but oh well.

5. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I’d argue that sounds too benevolent for frontier to do. Otherwise we would have had multiple bat species for the walkthrough exhibits.

6. JigerofLemuria

Maybe, but then again the bat was a brand new feature, so I can understand they wanted it to stand out more.

7. Austin the Sengi

Austin the Sengi Well-Known Member

Now that 2023 has officially begun, and with the news of more dlc content being confirmed for at least a few months now, via Frontier’s financial reports. I’ve been wondering for between now and this summer, what is one dlc that you would like to see being added to the game in the coming months, (besides the possibility of flying birds).

8. JigerofLemuria

Considering we've had a few biome-based DLC's so far, I'd especially love to see a tropical pack, as there are some animals in that habitat I'd love to see included, such as the fossa, aye-aye, sifaka, guenons, coatis... and so many others, and let's not even get started with the possibilities in birds, reptiles, amphibians, etc.! Walkthrough small bird aviaries would be great!

Last edited: 1 Jan 2023
    OkapiFan and Austin the Sengi like this.
  9. James Barber

James Barber Well-Known Member 15+ year member

DLC packs that I think should be next:

- Tropical
    - Arboreal (to feature mammals more native to trees)
    - Mountains
    - Madagascar (own pack to include species native to Madagascar)
    - Exhibits (not really a pack idea but more reptiles and frogs are still very much lacking)
    - Birds (obvious pack which everybody wants)

As well as possible flying birds, there are still some more large birds that should be on the game like Scarlet Ibis, Black Stork, Grey Crowned Crane, Pink-backed Pelican etc. I would be so happy with those 4.

I still have my whole list of species that I would like to see on Planet Zoo.

10. CrashMegaraptor

CrashMegaraptor Well-Known Member

I'm still standing on my theory that we could get an aviary pack, an island pack, a mountain pack and/or possibly a desert pack. Any of those four are the most viable to me.

11. OkapiFan

OkapiFan Well-Known Member

I fully agree! And since we got two scenery packs in a row, maybe for the spring we'll get an animal pack again. I have a feeling that it could be an Islands animal pack!

12. BetoYoung

I think we will get this order of packs:
    Rainforest Animal Pack
    Islands Pack
    Mountains Pack
    Aviary Expansion Pack

We know how everybody in the community is begging for birds, so i think we should have more birds, i hope they can be able to create flying animations or free flying, you know i'd hate to see birds like birds of prey, parrots and others being just walkthrough exhibit, i think WE are suitable for species like hummingbirds, lorikeets, cockatiels, sloths and sugar gliders.

13. CrashMegaraptor

With all due respect, I'm not sure we really need a rainforest animals pack. We effectively already have one in the form of the Southeast Asian pack, and a good chunk of other animals already in the base game and other packs are rainforest animals. It feels at this stage we'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel for repeats.

14. Mickey

Mickey Well-Known Member

Aren't they already?

15. CrashMegaraptor

Not in comparison to some "fan-demands" I've seen.

Corangurilla likes this.
  16. Mickey

Mickey Well-Known Member

On that I agree, for instance I think it's completely unoriginal to make taxonomic, country and national park packs, because for example if a bird pack was to be released, why exclude the others groups?
    And with the (unfortunate) limited lifespan of the game it's better in my opinion to get as much variety of animals as possible

17. CrashMegaraptor

It's more annoying when I see demand for animals that are basically identical to those already in the game. Like, why have a "Sumatran Pack" with a Sumatran Tiger, Sumatran Elephant, Sumatran Orangutan and Sunda Pangolin, when we already have identical equivalents in the base game? At least the Blue Wildebeest looked different from the Black Wildebeest and was included with different looking animals.

JigerofLemuria and birdsandbats like this.
  18. JigerofLemuria

... if they released a Sumatra pack like that, It'd most likely the first one I ever skip. However, if it were all more original animals, like the lar gibbon, rhinoceros hornbill, great argus, pig-tailed macaque, tomistoma... then I may accept it.

StoppableSan and Corangurilla like this.
  19. BetoYoung

i want so much the pig-tailed macaque, i once saw them in a zoo i visited in southern brazil, and they are very weirdo, it would be a great addition to planet zoo.

20. JigerofLemuria

Plus they'd be a tropical macaque, in contrast to the Japanese macaque. However, if I were to choose a macaque species based on my preference, I'd go for the Sulawesi crested or lion-tailed species.