Join our zoo community

Browser Issue Problem uploading photos

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by vogelcommando, 8 Apr 2017.

1. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I've already uploaded several photos at the different galleries but since last night I'm not able anymore to upload a single photo :(.
    After selecting the photo I want to upload sometimes the uploading starts ( sometimes even that doesn't happen ! ) but very slowly and after a few minutes - when the picture is at between 10 and 50 % uploaded the following error appears "There is a problem uploading your file". Would this happen once or twice, I wont have a problem with it but as said, not a single photo is completly uploaded and I've tried it at several galleries of several different countries, alway with the same negative result.
    Is this a problem releated to ZooChat ( if so, please could it be fixes ) or is it a problem releated to my home-computer ?
    Are there at the moment other ZooChatters with the same problem ?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

It's working for me - I just tested a couple of uploads.

It could be network congestion somewhere between you and the server - so it might not actually be a problem at your end or at the server end.

3. vogelcommando

Oke, thank you very much Sim, will keep trying and hopefully it will be working soon again !

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

that's happened to me quite a few times. I assumed it was the connection (the first times were in India, I think). The recent times were a few days ago where after uploading a lot of photos I started getting the error message. Then it would work again a little later.

5. Simon Hampel

If that happens again - try and let me know (including date/time/timezone plus details of any error messages) so I can check the logs and see if I can identify any issues on the server side.

6. Chlidonias

the most recent one was on 6 April (in central Vietnam) - it was just one photo when I was uploading a lot of them, and it worked right afterwards when I tried again. I think it was around the time this photo was uploaded (Little Ringed Plovers (Charadrius dubius) | ZooChat) for which the page says "Thursday at 4.17am" as the upload time.

When it was happening in India (or it may have been Sri Lanka) no photos would upload at all, which is why I put it down to my connection because other people were uploading with no issues.

Usually the upload would go all the way through to 100% and then instead of the photo appearing a pop-up message would come up saying something about a problem with the file (I can't remember the wording at all). But I later uploaded all those same photos when I got to Thailand or Cambodia or somewhere.

7. vogelcommando

Still having the same problem. Tried yesterday the complete day and evening and also this morning it still isn't working. Now and then one or a few photos get up-loaded complete but not without first trying it 10 - 15 times :( . The error message is always the same : "There is a problem uploading your file".

8. Chlidonias

for what it's worth, my uploads are working fine currently (I uploaded several photos today).

9. Simon Hampel

1. can you email me one of your photos that you are having difficulty with so I can check there's nothing wrong with the file itself send to [email protected]
    2. next time it fails, make a note of the exact time / date you attempted the upload and let me know your timezone offset as well (including DST adjustments if in force) so I can locate the upload attempt in the logs

Also, you could try disabling the flash uploader to see if that helps:

Go here: https://www.zoochat.com/community/account/preferences

upload_2017-4-10_6-56-53.png

... make sure "Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments" is unchecked.

10. vogelcommando

Thank you very much Sim ! After a couple of more fail-tries I've shut-down and disconnected all computer-stuff and started it up again. The first I uploaded then ( this one IMG_6946 Litoria aurea | ZooChat ) caused problems again ( must have been around 21.00 hour central european time ) but after that the following 10 or so pictures uploaded as normal with no problem. Hopes it will stay this way and otherwhile I now have your sollutions and can always report it again to you. As said : Thanks !