Join our zoo community

Reptilarium, schematic!

Discussion in 'Speculative Zoo Design and Planning' started by Nikola Chavkosk, 6 Apr 2016.

1. Gulo gulo

Gulo gulo Well-Known Member

Some experience, indeed.

Good luck with asking Batto. I don't think Batto would put animals in such dangerous hands, let alone even answer your call. :p

2. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

The simmilar way TLD was thinking, after my idea of possibility whether Batto will eventually sent some of the venomous snakes he is working with, to me, with the comment (of TLD) that that would be the same as the chances of a snowball in the hell :p I don't think that it's a hell, but a much better plan. ;)

3. DragonDust101

DragonDust101 Well-Known Member

What program do you make your schematics on?

4. animal_expert01

animal_expert01 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Harsh man, harsh. Just because he doesn't know about one or two things he still knows quite a lot not "nothing" as you stated before. Also you have no right to criticise him so please don't.

5. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

@animal_expert01: well, he does know more than a certain self-proclaimed "animal expert"...^^ Don't try to pick a quarrel by commenting unnecessarily. Unlike you, Nikola took the (rather obvious) allusion to GOT with a pinch of salt and was good-natured about it; you should try that, too, before attempting to reprimand me.

@Nikola: you've got to hand it to TLD-that snowball in hell reference was one fine joke. ;)

6. animal_expert01

Your are saying my comment is unnecessary how is it any more unnecessary thanks yours, or anybody else's on this thread? Also I am not sure what "allusion to GOT with a pinch of salt" is ment to mean mainly because it dosen't make sense. Also you claim I am a "certain self proclaimed animal expert" no I am not self proclaimed but I certainly am an animal expert for my age. I am not even a teenager yet my knowledge of the animal kingdom comes close to many people on this forum, including people 30 odd years older than me.

7. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Your previous comment, just as this recent one, is nothing but a personal remark on a past correspondence between other people, of which you were originally not part of. So, both are not really necessary. But hey, to be honest, no thread and post on this zoo aficionado forum is really "necessary"...;)
    GOT = Games of Thrones, a popular series of fantasy novels & a equally popular TV show, which, among others, sported the line "You know nothing, Jon Snow" that has become quite a popular meme and thus way to poke fun at one another.
    Given that many people lack any profund knowledge about wildlife, knowing a tad more than the usual ignoramus doesn't automatically make you an expert-no matter how old or young you are. Maybe you should change your nickname to "Animal expert for my age" to avoid any confusion? ;) So if it's OK for you, I'd leave it at that.

8. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

GOT is Game Of Thrones, which is a tv show. There is a character on it named Jon Snow. Batto was making a joke, which Nikola appears to have understood just fine.

9. Chlidonias

I just had a re-read through the whole thread and all sides appear to be enjoying debating one another without getting antagonised. Let's try to keep it that way.

10. animal_expert01

I know what Game of Thrones is...

11. Nikola Chavkosk

Thank you animal_expert01. Please don't argue and get into ''fights'' about my posts-atitude, you Batto also, after all it is just discussion and occasional jokes. Can you please stop posting about this issue. Thanks.

Yes I know Batto, I smiled a lot :)

12. Nikola Chavkosk

As exhibitional part of a zoo (just outer terraria, others-inner are reserve or are holding terraria for other individuals who are not on display), or just as reptile zoo. But now I would change it, and reduce the species number and provide slightly bigger enclosures (at least linear one) wich would allow possibility for terestrial free locomotion of snakes (apparently there are 6 recognised types of crawling in locomotion of snakes) for example.

I hope so I answer you, ask again if not.

I draw the scheme on paint with my hands :p

Last edited: 7 Sep 2016
  13. Chlidonias

I think they meant what computer programme (e.g. Paint) did you make the design on.

14. Nikola Chavkosk

:p I used paint - I draw it with my hands (also schemes for orangutan or chimpanzee enclosures - in my gallery are drawn in paint).

15. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Just a minor point - saying you are not a "self-proclaimed" animal expert then promptly saying you *are* an animal expert, unless this is based on other people proclaiming you an expert, somewhat proves the point being made :p and given that when joining the site, if memory serves you will have been asked to verify you were *over* the age of 13 per the site rules, I wouldn't make too big a thing about not even being a teenager yet!

If you have access to a scanner, maybe it might be worth trying to plot your designs onto paper and then scan them into the computer to fine-tune and edit them :) this might allow you to display the scale and proportions you intend for your schematics with a greater degree of accuracy. If done on isometric graph paper, you could also do larger three-dimensional designs for each enclosure.

16. Nikola Chavkosk

Thank you I'll consider this; I have access to scanner but not in my home. However designs are changing all the time, now I plan on smaller reptilarium, with bigger enclosures, and suited for holding reptiles from less species (eg. 9-10).

17. SealPup

SealPup Well-Known Member

I would not care for the box in a box idea, but one could intelligently create dioramas with one terrarium or half-filled aquarium in front and a raised terrarium behind. I have done this with marine fishes so those at the front did not bother the inverts behind.

Nikola Chavkosk likes this.