Join our zoo community

Request for references photos of the old Emmen Zoo

Discussion in 'Zoo History' started by Fryzers, 24 Jun 2022.

1. Fryzers

Fryzers Member

Heyo everyone,

I really want to try recreate parts/entire the old Emmen Zoo (Noorder Dierenpark Emmen) in the period between 2010 - 2015 in Planet Zoo.

To achive this i need alot of references photos. Most of the references i need are the indoor parts like: African House (Afrika Huis), AmeriCasa, South American Free Fly Cage (Zuid-Amerikaanse Vogeltuin), Oasia, Biochron, Butterfly House (Vlinderhuis), Asian House with the terriums and the Elephant indoor (Aziehuis), the tiger enclosure and indoor tunnel and the leopard enclosure and tunnel.

I know i request alot, but during lack of references i almost need it. I want to thank you all in advance. I have no idea if im able to finish it, but i give it a try. So if you have any, dont hesitate and send me a message :)

Greeting, Fryzers

FBBird likes this.
  2. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

I am working on a similar project in Planet Zoo, so I would be happy to help you with your project, as I know how hard it is to get reference material, especially when you are building as detailed as I do:D.
    I will look for more reference material for you in the future, but maybe this streetview of the entire park from 2011 can help you (for now) for the outdoor parts. The only side note is that you need a lot of reference material for indoor areas, which this streetview doesn't provide, but that is something the zoochat photo gallery probably can largely help you with that.
    Streetview 2011:
    Google Maps
    Zoochat gallery Dierenpark Emmen:
    Dierenpark Emmen (Closed) - ZooChat

Last edited: 29 Jun 2022
    Fryzers and StoppableSan like this.
  3. KevinB

KevinB Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I might still have some stuff in my photo archives from that period or shortly before it that could maybe be useful.

I will try and go through it and post some - but I cannot and will not promise that it will happen quickly. It could take several weeks to a month or more before I am able to do so.

Fryzers likes this.
  4. Fryzers

Fryzers Member

Thank you!

5. Fryzers

Fryzers Member

Thanks! Take all the time you need, no pressure.