Join our zoo community

United Kingdom Scottish Zoo Chat meet up

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by Simon McGlary, 12 Mar 2010.

1. Simon McGlary

Simon McGlary Well-Known Member

I know at least three people on here in person and thought it would be a really good idea if we had a Scottish Zoo Chat meet up at Edinburgh Zoo! Obviously this would give Zoo Chatters who are unable to make any Zoo Chat meets south of the border. I'm thinking later in the year, possibly 5th June?

It would be a good chance to names to faces and obviously any other Zoo Chatters would be more than welcome! Who know, we are probably at Edinburgh Zoo at the same time more often than we are aware!

What do people think? Does it sound like a good idea? We could keep this thread for the arrangements as the time approaches!

2. Bongo

Bongo Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You can count me in

3. Simon McGlary

So, it's been about a month since I suggested a date for a meet for Zoo Chatters north of the border and anyone who wants to come along! the sun bears should be in situ by then! I was thinking 5th June and a time to meet being 10:30 place to be confirmed nearer the time. I will say I don't go around with my face painted like a lemur all the time but would zoochat name badges be an idea?

Other suggestions welcome!

4. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Count me in too, as it stands i could make it.

5. Simon McGlary

Okay, it's getting nearer. June 5th, 10:30 and how about the meeting place being the middle section of Living Links looking out over both the outdoor areas? It's relatively easy to get to from the main gate and the members gate, there's a sheltered area if it's raining and it's not quite so busy as places such as Budongo Trail. It's also afascinating place to spend time watching these amazing primates!

Like I say, it might be titled as a Scottish Zoo Chat meet up but anyone in the area at the time is more than welcome!

6. Simon McGlary

One week to go. Saturday 5th June, meeting at the middle section of Living Links at 10:30. I know I'll be there, but will I be on my own? Who else will be there?

7. Scorg

Scorg Well-Known Member

Cheers for the heads up on FB, i've got the day off so as long as i'm not roped into something for the air cadets then i'll aim to come along.

8. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I will not be able to attend, family commitments i'm afraid, hope you have a great day all.

9. Scorg

Scorg Well-Known Member

Thought I would bump this a bit to see if we still have a go for tomorrow ?

10. Simon McGlary

Still go for 5th June, 10:30, Living Links. Only reason I'm solate is I've been helping out at Dreamnight. It's an event many zoos worlwide take part in where on the first Friday in June they close early to the public then set up in preparation for some very specially invited guests. Very ill or disadvantaged kids, for whatever reason, are given the chance to visit the zoo, even the staff give up their time as well as all of them volunteer as well!

11. Bongo

Bongo Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Wish I could make it today, but I have to work :( hopefully we can arrange another meet when the sunbears arrive.

12. Simon McGlary

Just myself and Scorg unfortunately but godd idea Bong. Go for another one later in the year after the sun bears arrive?